Here’s a fabulous little recipe for a homemade, fresh minty bone treat for your small dog. Super east to make!
This is the bone mold that I use, but you can really use any mold you like. The dough for this treat is softer, however, so using a mold is preferred as it is not firm enough for a rolling pin and cookie cutter.
Be careful though – these cookies do rise a little, and so if you fill the mold only half way, they will expand to fill the entire bone shape. I like to them split up the bones for treats for my little Yorkie as too much of a good thing is, well, no longer a good thing 🙂
You will need:
- 2 cp of whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cp milk
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cp chopped fresh mint
- 2 cp chopped fresh parsley (or in this case, I used 1/2 cp dehydrated parsley)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together
- Spoon a small amount of mixture into each mold shape and press it out – remember, you only need half full
- Bake approx 17 minutes, or longer if you want them a little crunchy
Let the breath freshening begin!!